I finally went to see "The Help" last night, and I LOVED it!
Its been out a week, but it took a while to coordinate schedules, mostly my calendar since this has been the busiest week! My sister and I each read the book so we made a girls night out of it, and Kevin was happy because he didn't have to go see it..
Of course they had to simplify some things from the book and leave things out, but all in all it was pretty true to the book -- I did wish they'd left one scene the same (what happened with Constantine) but understand that it worked better in print then on the screen)
I was skeptical about Emma Stone playing Skeeter, but she did a great job and you really forgot it was her. The actress playing Minnie was right on!
Go see this movie!
I see why my mother-in-law is #107 or something on the waiting list at the library for the book, it was very popular already and the movie just catapulted its popularity.
Looking at it from today's views its hard to think there was ever that much separation between races, but it really wasn't that long ago and unfortunately some people still hold some of those views. I found myself thinking of my grandparents' maid, Eunice, and what she would've had to say about working for a family in Louisiana, she lived through that time so I'm sure she could've told us a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment