Sunday, May 1, 2011

March for Babies

The March for Babies went well today! My sister and I joined many thousands of other people in Houston to walk 5 miles to raise money so that 'one day all babies will be born healthy'. This is the fourth year we've participated in the walk and each year it gets bigger and bigger.

In prior years the crowd has thinned out as we got away from the start line, but this year there was a large number of people around us the entire time, making it tough to walk at the pace we want to at times, but a great problem since that means more and more people are walking and fundraising for a great cause.

There are many people near and dear to me that are having babies right now, and I like to think that I'm doing my little part to help make sure the babies are born healthy and happy.

Many people walk in honor or in memory of a child in their own life who was born too early. We saw a number of shirts with the child's name and stats printed, it is staggering to see how small some of them are, and heart-breaking to see the ones who lived only a very short time. I also know that some of the kids in strollers and walking themselves are the very same kids we are walking for..

No comments:

Post a Comment