Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that this week is the ~royal wedding~. When their engagement was announced I was excited about it, but now I am just ready for it to be over. I will probably look at some of the coverage afterwards but am NOT getting up at 3am to watch it...
Seeing all the coverage of the upcoming nuptials and the comparisons to Princess Di does make me remember when I watched her funeral. I'm too young to remember her wedding so the funeral is my touchpoint to British royalty. It was my freshmen year of college and only one week into the semester. I was living in the dorms, and several of us got together to watch it in a friend's room. We stayed up all night to watch it, and though it was really sad to watch it was also a great memory for me, almost a slumber party.
Seeing all of the pictures of London also makes me want to go back, I've been twice and Kevin has been once but never together...its on our list of places to go to together!
I want to visit London, but not because of the royal wedding...it's just on my list of places to go. I'm with you...ready for it to be done. I am definitely not getting up early on Friday to watch coverage either!
ReplyDelete