Sunday, April 17, 2011

Which Way?

I had to share this article about my hometown. There really are streets called This Way, That Way, Any Way, Circle Way and even His Way (behind a church near my elementary school). And people wonder why I have a hard time with directions?

The article does NOT mention that all the other streets are named for trees and plants. To this day I'll be looking at plants and realize that I know the name of the plant only because I knew someone on that street while I was growing up...

I don't know if there is a street called Aganpanthus (imagine learning to spell that as a kid) but that has become one of our favorite flowers to have in our yard, because we have success with it. We bought several for our front yard and they are now blooming!

Another claim to fame for Lake Jackson, there is a person there named David Hasselhoff and the famous one swapped places with him for a day as part of a new show called "Same Name", looks like it got picked up as a new series.

2 comments:

  1. I loved that msnbc article! You're right about the things they left out!

    I didn't know about the "Same Name" show! That's funny! I'll definetley have to watch the LJ one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my besties lives on Bumelia! I always thought that sounded like a nasty plant!!! LOL, I think we had it lucky living in the animal names ;)Although, I did live on Carnation till I was 12!!

    ReplyDelete