Sunday, February 20, 2011

success

The conference I helped to work on was a success! We had it this past week in Austin, and were so fortunate that the weather was warmer and drier then it has been recently. I was starting to worry about the weather with all the ice days people have been having around the state.

I always learn so much at the conference, its great to get together with people that do the same sort of work and learn from their experiences and in getting to know them I also now have a network of people to talk to as I need to work on things they've already done or just bounce ideas off of others in the field.

We also manage to have some fun - this year's special event was a casino night. I had a great time playing black jack, roulette, and even craps! I've never understood it before but learned that night - they knew many of us hadn't played and would help us along, and watching it you catch on. We weren't playing with real money, making it even better!

I will be much more involved with next year's conference since I was elected VICE PRESIDENT of the organization!!! I am excited, and a bit scared, about what I've signed up for, but know it'll be a great experience and so many people have already told me they'll help.

I got home on Friday and was so glad to see my boys, poor K was home alone all week but he had plenty of schoolwork to keep him busy.

Today we went and bought him a netbook to use for his schooling, I am sure I'll use it too for my internet play time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment