Saturday, February 12, 2011

Can you believe we had another 'arctic blast' in Houston? I got to leave work early on Wednesday and started late on Thursday to avoid the icy roads. We were lucky that it came in between Kevin's classes, so the roads were clear for both of his trips to class. His class the week before was cancelled because of the ice.

Working for a university has the advantage that they have to make the decision early and publicize it fully that we'll close in bad weather, unlike many of my friends' employers who almost never close!

The weather next week is supposed to be warmer and drier. I am so glad because I'll be driving to Austin for the conference I've been helping to organize. I'll have to head up there on Monday, so I won't get to spend the evening with my Valentine, but we'll have a nice meal this weekend. When I do travel for work I realize that I would hate to travel OFTEN for work.

Happy news of the week, my college roommate had her baby and its a girl! Congrats to Jay and Gwendolyn, and to Gabriel on becoming a big brother! I'm sure there will be posts on their blog, right now they are probably using any downtime they have to get some sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment