On Saturday morning, I looked out the window to see that our house got wrapped overnight. My first thought was s%$, I really needed one more thing to do this morning. and where was our fearless guard dog? He must've slept right through it, because we didn't hear a peep from him all night. Guard dog fail!
Its the first time our house has been wrapped, but probably won't be the last. I have to think we're the perfect target because - since we don't have kids - we're unlikely to find out who did it and won't 'return the favor'. Toilet paper is harmless fun, at least it wasn't eggs...
Looking at it a little bit more I realized whoever did it, did a pretty good job - we were tempted to leave it up (could we call it our Christmas decorations?), but figured the HOA wouldn't look too kindly on it.
Clean-up was easier than I thought it would be, we just dragged out the trashcan and picked it all up off the ground and from the low parts of the trees. One of our neighbors even came over with his little boy and helped us to clean up, really nice of him to do that, and it gave us the opportunity to meet them. A couple of neighborhood girls also came over to help - they had fun trying to lift each other up to get the TP out of the trees. One of them mentioned that their PTA will 'flamingo' a person's yard as a fundraiser - 300 plastic flamingos in a person's yard, glad THAT didn't happen!
The people who did it used the good stuff, I think it was nicer than what I buy for the house, and they used a lot of it - we found 9 rolls scattered around the yard. If the parents didn't know about it, they were in for quite a surprise when a full package of good TP disappeared overnight.
Seeing the toilet paper in the trees reminded me of when I went to a slumber party and we wrapped the birthday girl's next door neighbor's house. My parents' house also got wrapped several times. I spent more than one morning helping clean up the mess. Kevin said it never happened to his house growing up!
Anyone else remember wrapping a house or cleaning up their wrapped house?
Here are a few photos.
Its the first time our house has been wrapped, but probably won't be the last. I have to think we're the perfect target because - since we don't have kids - we're unlikely to find out who did it and won't 'return the favor'. Toilet paper is harmless fun, at least it wasn't eggs...
Looking at it a little bit more I realized whoever did it, did a pretty good job - we were tempted to leave it up (could we call it our Christmas decorations?), but figured the HOA wouldn't look too kindly on it.
Clean-up was easier than I thought it would be, we just dragged out the trashcan and picked it all up off the ground and from the low parts of the trees. One of our neighbors even came over with his little boy and helped us to clean up, really nice of him to do that, and it gave us the opportunity to meet them. A couple of neighborhood girls also came over to help - they had fun trying to lift each other up to get the TP out of the trees. One of them mentioned that their PTA will 'flamingo' a person's yard as a fundraiser - 300 plastic flamingos in a person's yard, glad THAT didn't happen!
The people who did it used the good stuff, I think it was nicer than what I buy for the house, and they used a lot of it - we found 9 rolls scattered around the yard. If the parents didn't know about it, they were in for quite a surprise when a full package of good TP disappeared overnight.
Seeing the toilet paper in the trees reminded me of when I went to a slumber party and we wrapped the birthday girl's next door neighbor's house. My parents' house also got wrapped several times. I spent more than one morning helping clean up the mess. Kevin said it never happened to his house growing up!
Anyone else remember wrapping a house or cleaning up their wrapped house?
Here are a few photos.
I'm surprised that hasn't happened to our house, with all the kids around it all the time. But honestly I don't think any house I've lived in has ever been wrapped. (knock on wood) It's weird you mentioned that you were a good target because you don't have kids, when I always thought the point of wrapping was to humiliate the kid living there. What are a wrappers motives I wonder...hmmm... :)
ReplyDeleteJay - when we wrapped a house the motive was for the hell of it, it was something to do during a sleepover party.
ReplyDeleteI know I'm late commenting...but I loved this story. My house in Atlanta growing up got tagged once by my eldest sister's friends. They stole "For Sale" signs (I don't condone this!) from about 50 houses and stuck them in our yard. It was classic. I've also heard her same friends went to a dump or something and got a whole restaurant setting (table, chairs, tablecloth, toilet seat behind a door) and put that in someone's yard. They were creative buggers. I'm glad you had help cleaning it up, but it would have been good for "White Christmas" decor!
ReplyDelete