It got me thinking again about some of the other things I've had a hard time with being left-handed (and growing up in a family of right-handed people):
- I could never get the scissors at Sunday school to work, the one pair that said lefty didn't work for anything. I don't think I ever finished the projects requiring us to cut things out.
- The desks that have the chair and desktop together were ALL made for right-handed people, I'd have to contort myself to be able to write on them. no wonder my handwriting is so bad
- eating with others, I really do always have to get at the end of the table so I don't bump elbows the entire time. I have a magnet that says "being left handed means always sitting at the end of the table"...so true!
- learning to do the many things (throw ball, cut food, the list goes on and on) that require you to use your dominant hand. is it any wonder I do some things right-handed?
- trying to drive a stick-shift, ugh...I was a lost cause
It does make me quite aware of other left-handed people, I catch myself looking to see if anyone else is when I'm in a class, a meeting, or other surroundings where people are writing....
No comments:
Post a Comment