Saturday, August 21, 2010

I hate Comcast...the latest reason, they changed a lot of the channels around (example: NBC moved from 312 to 612) and while they gave us plenty of notice (which I appreciate) they did NOT make any effort to move the recordings I have set up. It left nearly all of my scheduled recordings out there set to record absolutely nothing. I don't think it would've been that hard to build some sort of program to update the recordings, or something we could run...if the channel is in this list of now obsolete channels update the scheduled recording to the new number. I am NOT a programmer by any means, so if I know what the logic should be then they should REALLY know....oh well. I cleared off our recordings this morning and updated what I could, most of the shows don't come back until September and if I miss one, well...probably better off spending less time in front of the tv.....I was sort of disgusted at myself when I listed all the shows I want to record.

We had a good time at Kevin's orientation this morning. They didn't tell me what a bearkat is (I found some pictures online - the real animal is called a bearcat), but we did get a lot of good information about the services available to him as a graduate student. We also met his faculty advisor, who is also the professor for one of his classes. Going to the event made it more real for both of us that he's going back to school, and we're both so excited for him to start! Seeing all the tools and services they have ALMOST makes me want to go back to school, ALMOST...I am pretty sure I'm done with school.

1 comment:

  1. The bearcat...that's hilarious. Daniel gave me a stuffed black furry animal for a valentine's day that looked like a cross between a bear and a cat (bear face, but long cat tail)...so we call it bearcat. LOL. It must really be a stuffed bearcat!

    ReplyDelete