Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Belated Easter!

We had a wonderful Easter. Houston weather is, as always, unpredictable. Lots of rain was forecast, and we got some of the rain and lightning, but thankfully no tornados or hail. The rain was heaviest, of course, as people were arriving with dishes of food and trying to dart into the house without getting too wet. We ate our meal, and I ate too many sweets! and in the afternoon the rain actually passed on through and it was a gorgeous day outside! Our nephew and cousins were able to hunt Easter eggs and we took some photos out in the front yard.

I helped one of the cousins open her plastic eggs to see what kind of goodies she got, and most of the candy was what I remember as a kid, in the exact same packaging - sweetTarts, nerds, the round chocolate discs that look like money, and my favorite, the peanut buddies. but the ones that she was the most excited about I had never heard of? Am I the only one who has never heard of Krabby Patties? Once I saw it was related to SpongeBob I knew why I'd never heard of it, I don't watch SpongeBob (except for right after Hurricane Ike). It didn't look particularly good to me, but was oddly cute, like a hamburger.

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't know either, I'm not really a fan of Sponge Bob (Can you say annoying?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need the rain so you can get rid of that drought the Weather Channel keeps telling me y'all have out there.

    But the great thing about Texas is it can rain cats and dogs and the water table will fill up, and an hour later you won't know anything happened except for an added freshness in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Sponge Bob, and sad to say know what Krabby Patties are. Don't worry Carol I did not or have not become a fan of Hannah Montana. Though I do enjoy Dora the explorer, this is what happens when your cousins have little kids.

    ReplyDelete