Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring came and went

It has been so nice to be at home this week and to be in my office every day. I need to remember that I like being in my office for those weeks when I'm going crazy with reports and other work. So: note to self, you were ecstatic to get to be in your office every day this week! Soon I'll be sharing my office suite with construction crews, so here's hoping that goes smoothly and quickly.

Next week is Spring Break for the students and faculty. I can already tell its coming up, the parking lot hasn't been as full and neither have my email and voicemail inboxes. I know that I'm cursing myself by writing that, as soon as I say that something always comes up, oh well. and, contrary to what people always think, I actually DO work the week of spring break. Since I've worked at two universities, I've gotten asked more times then I can count: what are you doing for spring break? Answer: working

But we get a couple of days off, which was a nice surprise when I started here. No big party plans, but I plan to get some errands run, and get together with friends.

We've started working on the flowerbeds for the spring - we planted some new plants and mulched the backyard. We were going to work on the front yard this weekend, but will have to postpone until it isn't so cold and rainy. its been so long since it rained, it has been nice to see the rain....though I wish people would learn to drive in it, hoping too much I know.

Happy friday the 13th!

1 comment:

  1. Quick, get finished on those flowerbeds so they can bloom before Someone flips the switch one day and summer starts. I remember how it is there. :)

    ReplyDelete