The cold front came through on Friday night, so it was chilly and clear on Saturday, a perfect day for Renaissance Festival! Kevin and I went on Saturday and had a great time. We watched a few shows and did a lot of people watching. My favorite show was Sound and Fury, a trio who do "Fakespeare", short plays that are funny, but very PG-13. We also met up with my friend Stacy who was there with friends.
My favorite part is seeing all the people and the costumes, you really see costumes of all kinds - fairies, pirates, queens, kings, gypsies, the list goes on and on. Its actually hard to tell who works there and who is simply a patron enjoying the day, the costumes can be that good. There are plenty of people who don't go in costumes, like me and Kevin. I'd love to dress up, but never make the time to put together a costume, or like this year think I'd be too cold in a costume. The strangest costume I saw was a Star Wars Stormtrooper in a kilt (it was the Scottish Highland themed weekend so the kilt actually makes sense). We also saw a guy carrying around a fake rifle, not sure how that fits into the Renaissance. Every time I've been I've seen a guy dressed as a centaur (half man/half horse) - I think he lives there - and this time I got a picture with him. Kevin brought his camera and had a lot of opportunities to take pictures.
It was a *perfect* day to be outside and enjoy the fall weather.
I've never been to Ren Fest, but I think I'll have to go someday.
ReplyDeletefun! I love the ren fest :) My favorite is Dead Bob.
ReplyDeleteRen fest is awesome, I alwasy try to ctach the Ded Bob Show - it's always the same, but I love it!
ReplyDeleteI wish I had gone to the Ren Fest when I was there.
ReplyDeleteThat centaur guy is awesome!
And seriously, who from UST does NOT know Stacy???