Yet another kitchen fiasco from yours truly. I can't even call it cooking fiasco because I didn't get that far. The other day, I was going to attempt to make pesto, but in getting the blender out of the cabinet I caught it on the oversized lunch bag I had in the cabinet and the whole thing tumbled out and broke :( Our brand-new, fancy, schmancy blender. I cleaned up the glass, and was just mad at myself for letting it happen. I figured I could remedy this by using the old blender we never got around to getting rid of (why couldn't I have broken it instead?), but then saw that the fresh basil I had was 1) probably not enough, and 2) slimy - thanks packaging that I can't see through. I wanted to pick out my own, but HEB had about every other kind of spice in bulk, so I went with the pre-packaged in the produce section, never again.
I was clearly not meant to make pesto, so I abandoned that plan and went to plan b (invented on the spot) of making the Mongolian Chicken that we had a spice packet for. Turned out pretty well for being a plan b but it is so salty we probably won't have that for a while, at least until we figure out a better way to make it. The oversized lunch bag is now in a closet, far from the kitchen, and yesterday morning when I went to throw out the broken pieces, I cut my finger....not too badly, and I bandaged it up, but just one more haha from the blender.
In happier news, this was my first week with fitness release time and I love it! I am impressed that I remembered my clothes each day and was able to get out of the office and over there each of my three days. I did almost forget my gym back there yesterday, but realized it as I was walking to my car and hightailed it back over there, not that I think anyone wants to steal my clothes but would not be good to leave it there overnight.
I left work at 4pm three days this week (M, T, TH) and went to the gym, changed clothes and worked out there until 5pm. Monday I took a class and T and TH I did the treadmill. I like getting to workout on work time and it should help me to be consistent in my workouts. I did get up W and do a little bit of weights, but did NOT get up today. Its perfect time since the weather and the daylight are reflecting that yes, it is winter.
I was clearly not meant to make pesto, so I abandoned that plan and went to plan b (invented on the spot) of making the Mongolian Chicken that we had a spice packet for. Turned out pretty well for being a plan b but it is so salty we probably won't have that for a while, at least until we figure out a better way to make it. The oversized lunch bag is now in a closet, far from the kitchen, and yesterday morning when I went to throw out the broken pieces, I cut my finger....not too badly, and I bandaged it up, but just one more haha from the blender.
In happier news, this was my first week with fitness release time and I love it! I am impressed that I remembered my clothes each day and was able to get out of the office and over there each of my three days. I did almost forget my gym back there yesterday, but realized it as I was walking to my car and hightailed it back over there, not that I think anyone wants to steal my clothes but would not be good to leave it there overnight.
I left work at 4pm three days this week (M, T, TH) and went to the gym, changed clothes and worked out there until 5pm. Monday I took a class and T and TH I did the treadmill. I like getting to workout on work time and it should help me to be consistent in my workouts. I did get up W and do a little bit of weights, but did NOT get up today. Its perfect time since the weather and the daylight are reflecting that yes, it is winter.
wow that stinks about the blender :( I hate it when stuff like that happens...
ReplyDeleteStuff like that always happens to me. It sucks!
ReplyDeleteNext time you need fresh basil, give me a call. I have a serious bush of basil - which started from a $3 basil plant at Home Depot. It's huge - as in, I bring my mother in law gallon bags of basil each time I go up to see them and it doesn't even look like the plant has been touched.