Friday, November 21, 2008

Cool weather and Dr Pepper

Work is crazy right now, so I haven't had much time to post. I have to get what is my "never-ending project" done today. I've had TWO meetings about it this week and not regular meetings, no video conference meetings, which are a pain for IT to set up, especially on short notice (sorry IT!) I hope to get it done and off my plate today but have this feeling I'll be almost done and what they want will change again.

Good news - its Friday and next week is a short week....and it is cold outside, yay! 51 outside now and the high is in the mid-50s, which means I get to wear my coat! I bought it for our trip to Kansas City last year and I love it.& Its a dark gray, wool, 'pea coat' sort of cut. I like the cooler weather, especially when it comes with sun, but I know that it doesn't make me ready for true cold -- I don't know if I could live somewhere with snow. I love snow, but I think I love visiting snow...in any case, I am glad to have some truly fall/winter weather finally. Houston has very strange weather, sometimes we'll wear shorts on Thanksgiving (or Christmas) and it just feels wrong. I am glad we went to Ren Fest last weekend, because though I like the cold I don't think I'd want to spend all day out in it...unless I'm skiing :)

Totally unrelated, but its happening this weekend so I thought I would post it. I've been hearing about this on the radio because they love Guns N Roses, I personally don't care about their music, but do like Dr. Pepper. DP said that if Guns N Roses came out with their new CD this year, they'd give a free Dr Pepper to everyone. The CD is coming out, so they are making good on that promise, but the catch is you have to get the coupon this Sunday. Kinda sounds like a scam to get your info to get on their mailing list, but its a free DP and an interesting promotion.

Article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27350676/

DP website: http://www.drpepper.com

I love DP, but try not to drink as much soda, and when I do drink soda it doesn't taste as good as I remember it. Hopefully, I'll be able to just kick the habit completely.

2 comments:

  1. I still haven't been able to drink anything carbonated since my stomach bug a few weeks ago. I tried in the first week or so to get back on the bandwagon, but my stomach was not having it. Amazingly enough, I do not miss my caffiene either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, 51? That's what we should be having right now, but instead last week we dropped from the low 60s straight into the upper 30s. Tomorrow it will be 36. Oh my nose and toes!

    ReplyDelete