Wednesday, March 29, 2017

lock box

Wonder what we're up to?  This photo pretty much sums it up.  Its a keybox so that our house can be seen by potential buyers.  

We got our house listed last week and have already had 4 showings --- keeping the house show ready is not easy, and I have NO idea how folks with kids do it!   Making the bed, cleaning the kitchen, keeping all of our stuff put away and getting myself and the dog out in time for last minute showings has kept me running.

I know its worth it because the more showings we have the sooner we will have an offer (I hope).

I know folks will ask why we are moving again so soon (been in our current place 2 1/2 years).  We'd originally thought we'd stay longer, but long term we need more space, less stairs, and a yard (and pool!).  We debated waiting another year, but knowing we will need to move it just seems like the right time to do it, and honestly this is already our compromise -- I wanted to be here through Super Bowl (to enjoy our proximity to all the festivities), and once that came and went we got serious about listing.

Moving is never easy, and this one IS the last one for a long time.....

a funny observation...I realized that most people buy a house to give their kids a yard....we will buy a house to give my husband (and dog) a true yard (again).....



**a week later, i had to title this 'lock box' and oh yes, believe me i keep saying put it in a lock box...

No comments:

Post a Comment