Thursday, March 2, 2017

Space Center Houston

 I just got back from my annual professional conference.   This year it was held locally - Clear Lake - and while I'm a bit bummed I didn't get to go to another part of the state, it worked out pretty well as I was able to minimize my nights away (good since our dog needs pills every morning and night now) and still get to participate in the professional development and networking opportunities.

One evening I also got to spend time at Space Center Houston, I haven't been there in at least a decade and before that my last visit was probably a grade school field trip.  While there, I kept thinking why don't I come here, its so close!  I'm already looking at planning a trip back with Kevin.

One of our general session speakers was sick and they were able to get an ASTRONAUT to come to speak to us in her place.  I have to admit I was more excited about the replacement speaker (though I do wish our original speaker a speedy recovery).  He (Col Ken Cameron) was fascinating (and funny!) to listen to, and it was interesting to hear about NASA as a company, they have communication and bureaucracy problems, like any employer.   I loved his pictures and stories about time in space -- they took Blue Bell ice cream with them when they docked with the Mir space station....Blue Bell has been eaten in space!!!

I highly recommend you visit Space Center Houston if you are ever in Houston, and I also brought back many ideas to try out at work.









No comments:

Post a Comment