I am becoming a master at finding charities who need the random things we need to give away -- for example, old towels, bathmats and empty pill bottles - animal shelters can use them!
It makes me happy when I can find an organization that needs items that we no longer have use for.
Please consider local charities when cleaning out your belongings....I'm trying to reduce what goes to Goodwill and find more direct use charities, there are so many out there that need help.
I haven't talked much about it publicly, but we moved my parents to an assisted living facility towards the end of last year and have been dealing with how to work through the belongings they don't want anymore at their last home, it made for a different sort of holiday but was the best move for them, really for all of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment