Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sunglasses review



I am always reluctant to get new sunglasses, just ask Kevin.   I still wear my old scratched up ones even though I bought a replacement quite a while ago (I still liked the old ones better than the new ones).  This time when I decided I needed sunglasses - I've been spending more and more time outside with the weather warming up -  I wanted to be sure to get a pair I would really like.   I decided to buy them online, I do most of my other shopping that way, so why not and I got a pair through Firmoo. 
 

Shopping for the glasses was really easy; instead of trying on pair after pair at the store I just browsed the website and selected a pair that I liked.  Here is the pair I chose.  I did have to create an account, which I will most likely not remember (that’s what ‘forgot password is for!) and easily went through to checkout.   I received email updates about the status of my order – confirmation, processing and shipped, and had a tracking number so I could see where they were.   I knew they were in my mailbox at least a day before we took the time to check the mail.   All told, I had them in about a week.


I’ve been wearing the glasses for a couple of days and like them already.    Here is my best movie star pose self portrait - it is nearly impossible to get a picture of sunglasses without reflecting whats in front of you!   They feel sturdy, which is great since I tend to be hard on my glasses.   Also, they sit really close to my face so light doesn’t come in from the top/bottom/sides like some glasses I’ve tried and the legs are tight enough that they’ll sit on my head and not fall off.  They even came with a case to protect them and a tiny keychain screwdriver and screws which could come in handy for repairs on any of our glasses.  Surprisingly, someone asked me not too long ago if I had an eyeglass screwdriver, I didn’t but now I always will, on my keychain!


The glasses are a little larger than I thought they’d be, but I like them and isn’t that the style, oversized?  The website has a virtual try-on that you can use so you know how they’ll look on your face.
I will definitely purchase from them again, and can recommend them if you need sunglasses or regular glasses (prescription or non- prescription).  They even have a first-pair free program, all you pay is shipping and you can get a refund/exchange if you don’t like what you select.

They have a full selection of prescription and non-prescription clear glasses too.  My prescription is so specialized I don’t think I’ll ever order my prescription glasses online – I had to go back several times to the eye doctor to get my current pair just right, but if you have a simple prescription they’d probably work fine. 
I can offer the first 6 commenters a $30 voucher code for glasses from Firmoo; simply leave your email address so I can send it to you.

Disclaimer:  I was able to receive the sunglasses free (including shipping), and all opinions are mine.

5 comments:

  1. The keychain screwdriver is a great idea. It's usually impossible to find those when you need them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My current sunglasses are a pair my mom found in her car thinking they were mine. They look like yours but I need a new pair. I love your sunglasses. I too have a specialized prescription too so much so when Jonathan picked contact lenses for once they asked if I was legally blind jeeze!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was saying I love your sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry and I order all our glasses online at Zunni.com. It's real easy and I also like seeing how they look on the website model's face before I buy them.

    ReplyDelete