Its been a busy few days. My sister is moving today, so Thursday and again yesterday I went to help her pack. We were very busy getting all of her stuff into boxes. She also generated a large 'donation pile' and we made several trash runs as she made decisions of what she wanted and what she didn't want. Some things she hadn't really used since last time she'd moved - she inherited a lot of my old stuff in that move - so those easily became donation items. Its amazing how much stuff one person can accumulate, and how much stuff a cabinet, drawer or closet can hold!
I'm happy to help her and glad its not me that's moving. I hate moving and still feel like we're figuring out where things fit or how to decorate some places in our house almost 3 years after we moved in.
The movers arrived this morning and I'll help her with unpacking later today. She's ready to be moved and settled, and we'll get her closer to that today.
Thanks K for being so understanding and letting me disappear most of the weekend to help sis with her packing/unpacking.
Update - Sunday evening; We had a very successful unpacking party today, she is mostly unpacked. We started with what she needs first -clothes, bathroom, then kitchen. The other stuff (books, etc) can wait until later. Its surprising how much time it took to get the stuff into boxes and how quickly it then comes out. She didn't even move very far but we had to pack just as well as if she was moving across town. Her bedroom is pretty much completely unpacked, which is great since its the last thing she sees at night and the first thing she sees in the morning, sort of an oasis of unpacked bliss.
I can't wait to see the place when she gets all settled in.
I've gotten better at packing since my last move - all of her plates made it intact....lesson learned: use lots of paper and DON'T pack them last (your tired and in a hurry). Happy moving day Laura!
I made it home in time to (almost) beat the rain and am ready to watch Game of Thrones with K...hooray! it feels great to put my feet up :)
K spent part of today making a picnic table...more details soon..
No comments:
Post a Comment