Saturday, April 7, 2012

Beach day

I saw this bumper sticker on the way home on Thursday and I think it pretty well sums up Kevin's thoughts....

With his comp exams out of the way (hooray!), we finally took a trip to the beach on Friday.   We had a good time.  It was a little too chilly, for us, to spend much time in the water but PERFECT weather to be at the beach.  We realized that it was cool enough outside that we didn't need to get into the water to cool off.  I got lots of book reading done (trying to finish the Marriage Plot), and we just sat and talked most of the afternoon.   It was wonderful to unplug and completely lose track of time.  I didn't bring a watch and left my cellphone in the car, so before we knew it it was time to head home.  


We couldn't believe how much driftwood was on the beach!    Its been gathered into large piles (some taller than the trucks) and will be picked up before the peak beach season gets started.  Here is a photo of one of the piles, those things in the water are people.

Packing for the trip was pretty easy since we decided to do just a picnic lunch (sandwiches, fruit and chips) and ate dinner at a local restaurant.

We also made a quick trip to visit my parents before heading back home.

The construction in my hometown is finished, so there are overpasses giving us only ONE traffic light from the time we get on the freeway near our house to the time we hit the beach.  It was strange driving through town and having so many new roads, I almost don't recognize it!

No comments:

Post a Comment