Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday

I'm so happy to have a more relaxed Sunday morning.   When the Texans have a home game we still sleep in but then have to get ready and going so that Kevin can head down to the stadium by about 10 am.   They have an away game today and kick-off isn't until 3pm so we had time to make a nice breakfast - homemade biscuits (by homemade I mean Bisquick, but that counts in my book!) and I have some computer time before I need to get ready to go to the grocery store and finish up my chores.  We are going to make a big pot of spaghetti today, hooray!   This semester hasn't allowed a lot of home cooked meals so I love it when we have time for them.

We were both busy yesterday, me with errands and Kevin with grading.   He has 75 midterms to grade!  I've never seen so many blue books in one place.

In running errands I got Smokey a new toy yesterday - this time a raccoon.  It has 5 squeakers and he's already worked one loose.   He loves a new toy.    He also seems to have discovered the ceiling this week, not sure why but suddenly he looks up at the ceiling all the time, and he was investigating our wall clock....no idea why, maybe he's a 'watch' dog.....sorry, couldn't resist the pun.

Houston should get a COLD FRONT this week, I cannot wait and am already contemplating soups to make....mmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment