I had more excitement than I needed this morning. Rockey (parakeet) got out while I was changing his millet. Luckily Smokey was outside -- that is now our policy, the dog must be outside for the bird cage to be opened.
I tried to catch him but couldn't grab him - not sure how my sister grabbed him so fast when he got out Labor Day weekend. Kevin gave me the idea to toss a small towel on him so he couldn't fly away, and then grab him and the towel. That worked well! I did have to catch him TWICE-- he got away the first time I tried to put him back into the cage, but he is safe and sound.
I'm looking forward to Rockey going to live with my brother and his wife...He's cute, but not much fun as a pet.
My day can only get better! Happy Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment