Tuesday, June 14, 2011

ice cream maker

We ordered an ice cream maker back in mid April. We found the one place that said they had it in stock only to find out after we ordered that nope it was backordered from them too...back to the drawing board. We ordered it from trusty amazon (still back-ordered) but they now swear it has shipped. We'd been half joking that we'd have it by Kevin's birthday, but looks like we'll be lucky to get it by then. Note to self - order things everyone wants for the summer in the dead of winter before everyone else thinks about it

So, I decided to google ice cream maker recipes and realized that I am going to have to spend a LOT more time at the gym to work off all the frozen goodness I'll be eating.

just look at this - nutella gelato, I <3 you

and some of our blueberries may find their way into something like this

cannot wait....where are you ice cream maker??

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope it comes soon. Those recipes sound delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love our ice cream maker - my favorites are mango (perfect in the summer) and coffee/chocolate. Make the mango the same way you do all the strawberry recipes you'll see, just substitute. Add like 2Tbsp of ground espresso (finest grind) to a regular vanilla recipe, then about a half cup of shaved chocolate bar about halfway through the freezing process. I also like cinnamon in the winter with apple crisp and such. Yay for homemade ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete