Friday, June 24, 2011

The ice cream maker arrived last weekend, hooray! We made our first batch the same day it arrived - kept it simple and started with vanilla (with our good Mexican vanilla). We have some learning to do because it didn't freeze up too well and was kind of icy - but the taste was great, and it just means we have to practice. We think it was not enough ice, so we'll make smaller ice and really pack it in this time.

Last night we started up a batch of PEANUT BUTTER ice cream. We'll have to finish making it tonight since it needed to chill for 2-4 hours and I'm not one to be working in the kitchen at 1am if I can avoid it. I am so excited for this ice cream, I love PB -- I had to make a breakfast with PB today after smelling it for so long last night....

We plan to serve it with chocolate cake at the party for Kevin's birthday! PB + chocolate = heaven

I hope to have a full party re-cap soon. Kevin is smoking meat today and a bunch of our friends and family are coming over tomorrow. Wishing an early Happy birthday to my sweet Kevin!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh lucky!!! I haven't gotten mine yet and its been almost four weeks!!! Darn backorders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate backorders, it took us a month and a half (at least) to get ours!

    ReplyDelete