Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring Break

Kevin is on spring break and I’m on weekend. Despite what people think, I do NOT get spring break off even though I work at a university. I do hope that it will be quieter at work next week so we can finish up some of the work that’s piling up on our office desks.

I know that Kevin has been looking forward to the break. He’ll still be working on school but won’t have to attend class and can just continue reading all of the books he has to read. Thank goodness I do work for a university – we’ve been making great use of the library to get some of the books he needs.

We’re kicking off his spring break by smoking a pork shoulder today. He got up early and started the coals – I didn’t even hear him get up! And then once the coals were ready we put the meat on. It’ll taste good I hope – I’m a bit skeptical of how much mustard went into the rub. I hate mustard and the smell of it putting on the rub nearly made me gag.

Random thoughts:

  • I can’t believe DST starts this weekend, I don’t like leaving for work in the dark….here’s hoping I get used to the time change quickly, you wouldn’t think one hour would make that much of a difference, but it sure does.
  • Kevin and Smokey have re-synced their haircut schedule. Its hilarious that both my boys get their haircuts on the same day, but it makes it easier to remember when they went
Note: The link was provided by CSN stores, but the thoughts are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment