I hate April Fool's day, always have....mostly because I hate feeling like the whole day I'm just waiting to get a joke pulled on me. But, I love this time of year and am already looking forward to several things that seemed far away when we started planning but now that we've turned the calendar page over they are right around the corner!
I'm most excited about taking a cruise at the end of the month! We've never been on one, but thought it would be fun, and is a great way to get away without dealing with the hassle of airports. We'll drive down to Galveston and leave from there. We chose the 5-night (went back and forth about taking the 7-night) and so I should finally get to see some beaches with clear, blue water. If you have any suggestions on what to take on the cruise, please let me know. We've been reading about it, but are true newbies to it.
The day before we leave I'm doing my March for Babies walk, and thanks to many generous donations I've already reached my original goal of $400 and gave myself a new goal of $500.
Here is hoping this month has more springlike weather. I hope its dry this weekend for all the Easter egg hunts that will be happening. Last weekend was beautiful...perfect weather to check out the Mercer Arboretum. We had a fun time wandering around the plants, we'll have to go back since we saw only a small part of it. It was their annual plant sale, so we bought some mint plants, I was sold on them when I was told they are hard to kill and would taste good in lemonade (yum!). I tend to forget about hte plants, so Kevin will have to help me to keep them alive...
I just heard about the Mercer Arboretum on the news as a good picnic pot. I hope to make it out there one day this summer.
ReplyDelete