Sunday, September 27, 2009

Creativity

I had a great weekend...did a lot of creative things, which are fun but don't come naturally to me.

I was invited to something called Pinot and Picasso on Friday night, what a brilliant idea! You bring wine and get to spend time with your friends - visiting, eating (you also bring food), and drinking - while an artist takes you step-by-step through how to do a painting. At the end of the night you have a piece of art to take home. You see what you'll be painting when you choose your date and register. Here is my artwork:

On Saturday I went to a scrapbooking workshop, we made 6 greeting cards. I'm going to have a hard time sending them, I worked so hard on them but will send them eventually. I've never gotten into scrapbooking, but did find it (and the painting) relaxing, so I should look into doing something crafty on a regular basis.

Today was a less creative day - though I did put stuff up on the walls at our house, really starting to feel more like home as we make it ours. I had to run errands and finish my usual chores. The weekends just aren't long enough....

1 comment: