no, not the movie....score one for Smokey! He grabbed half of the sandwich I was making for my lunch off the counter this morning, so I had to start over....he really only wanted the turkey but will take bread when its in the way. We've had him almost 2 years and he still manages to get stuff sometimes when I'm not looking. I have gotten pretty good about keeping things away from the edge of the counter - he is tall enough he can get up to the edge of it but am not used to him being awake in the morning when I'm making my lunch. Usually he's curled up on the couch until Kevin gets up, but since Kevin is in Austin for work I had to roust up the dog so he could take care of business before he's stuck in the house all day. What we really need to do is work with Smokey more so that he knows he can't grab stuff off the counter, but we've been unsuccessful (read: inconsistent) in training him out of that.
Kevin is gone for a few days for work - found out Monday he had to be in Austin for training Tuesday- Thursday, and I am so boring when I'm home alone...yesterday I took S for a walk, made dinner, sorted out all of the paperwork we needed to file in the living room to get my backlog of filing done (I never want to do that when I can hang out with my husband instead), and had a marathon of episodes of "The Tudors"...not a bad evening. not sure what I'll do tonight....hmm......I am glad neither of us travels for work very much, I wouldn't like it, a few days here and there is ok - and usually its me thats gone and him thats home alone. Actually, I think this is the first business trip he's had that required him to stay overnight since we've been married.
My dog is a stinker, but he also so cute...last night he was making squeaking sounds and growling in his sleep, must've been one heck of a nightmare! He also makes it more fun to be home alone since I'm not really alone...have this little creature who loves to cuddle and give me slobbery kisses.
Scarlett once stole a pound of raw bacon off the counter when I turned around to get eggs out of the fridge. I chased her down, but she swallowed it in 3 gulps. Those dogs can be the biggest turds. But I always tell my husband when I give into her, that it's not like she has to grow up and be a productive citizen, she's never going to move out!
ReplyDeleteYeah when Jonathan leaves for overnight trips its okay I have Pollie she keeps me warm at night and we cuddle and watch television, okay well she is actually watching out the window for the pesky old lady that walks in front of our house and I watch TV.
ReplyDelete