Happy Memorial Day! The unofficial start of summer, BBQ and beach weekend for everyone...but more importantly it is a day to remember those who have fought and died for our country so that we are able to enjoy the freedom that we have every day. Please participate in the National Moment of Remembrance at 3pm in your time zone to reflect on those who made the ultimate sacrifice for us, and also for those who are serving our country now.
I read an article about the moment of remembrance this morning and was pleased to see that major league baseball and grocery stores will make announcements to observe the moment. We so often forget what the holiday is for, and I know that I am one of the many who just looks forward to it as a day off from work. so take a moment out of your day to think about those who selflessly gave their lives so we can have as the biggest concern in our day sometimes be, when is my next holiday?
On a totally unrelated note, how can one grown girl be so clumsy? I went walking at Memorial Park this morning, and managed to land my foot sideways and couldn't catch myself so I now have a banged up knee and elbow :( walking is supposed to be healthy but can be hazardous for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment