We are back from vacation. We'll have photos and a full recap later this week *I hope* Right now we're trying to get 'back to reality' - laundry, yard work, and the list goes on. We had a wonderful time and got some much needed R&R.
We picked a great week to go. We left Houston on a day of flooding and I missed all the excitement/overreaction about the swine flu - someone at my school has a "probable" case...still waiting to find out the results from the CDC. In a meeting today, someone said several events were cancelled "due to the swine flu" now that is a phrase I'd not have thought anyone would ever say just a few weeks ago.
So that is what we missed...and we got to NYC just as a heat wave was ending. So the day we arrived was in the 80s, the rest of the time I wore a jacket off and on because it was in the 50s and 60s (I love that kind of weather!), and this week it is supposed to rain all week there...it was rainy when we left for home on Sunday. but we only got caught in the rain once...woohoo!
I'm glad you had a great trip. It does sound like you had perfect timing. We think the whole over-reaction to the swine flu is pretty funny also. Our school district shut down for the entire week. My campus is still open though. If there have been any cases then no one has reported it to the school.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had fun in NYC and had a safe trip. You should put up some pictures.
Just don't let it be like The Moderish Father's recap of New York...aka never happened.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had such good timing.
I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation!! We would love to visit there one day!
ReplyDeleteDon't you love it when your trip has good weather timing!!!??? I am glad you guys had fun. I can't wait to see pictures!
ReplyDelete~Emily