Wait...it's September?? I've seen several memes and it's true....many people in SE Texas don't know what day it is and now we don't really know what month it is either. Kevin and I were fortunate not to have flooding but are still affected by Hurricane Harvey. I honestly think we have a version of survivors guilt and are going to be working through how best to move forward, helping who and where we can and also taking care of ourselves.
Others have put feelings much better than I have, and I've shared more than I can count on social media, This article on survival guilt was a helpful read for me today (thanks sis)...
I am actually excited to get back to work tomorrow...it will be one step towards "normal". I worry for our students and how many of them are directly impacted....we will do what we can to help.
No comments:
Post a Comment