Saturday, October 29, 2016

end of October

Seriously calendar, slow the heck down!!!  I am ready for this election cycle to be over (we both early voted this week [check]), but amazed that in a few days its already NOVEMBER!

I had a low-key birthday - dinner out with Kevin, and a stop for gelato afterwards (making the best of the warm weather).  I went to work that day (considered taking off, but decided against it) and enjoyed reading all the Facebook messages all day long from my far flung friends -- one message came from my neighbor who is working in Dubai!

I am now the proud owner of a left-handed guitar - I've never played before (played flute badly in middle and high school), so it will be a learning experience for me, but I've been wanting to take up a hobby, and have it be something that does not involve screens of any size -- sure I will watch 'how to' videos, but eventually I hope to be able to just play on my own.   Don't expect any videos of me playing anytime soon, I'm still struggling to shape my hand into chords, but I'll get there..practice, practice, practice.....

The only one in the house with a Halloween costume this year is Smokey, and its a shirt that says "I ate my costume", yep sounds about right.....




No comments:

Post a Comment