Sunday, August 30, 2015

Baby Shower

I had a great time showering my sis-in-law yesterday in preparation of our new nephew's arrival.

The theme and cake were really cute -- giraffes -- and they had to get creative with the cake since the name isn't finalized, "lil Tuck", may have to keep using that nickname.

I helped with the shower by putting together the games.  I like to 'keep it simple' and do fairly easy games, and this way the games are always optional, if everyone is visiting/eating you can just skip one or more of the games and it won't be missed.  Here are the games we played, the first two were ones I'd played before, the third was a new to me one that we found online and thought would be easy and fun (and it was):

1) baby word scramble - give everyone the forms and they all start at the same time, set a time limit and first person to finish or person to get the most at the time limit wins.

2) who take after?  -  list of traits and you select whether mommy-to-be wants baby to take after mommy or daddy (prep work:  have mommy-to-be fill out ahead of time).  I just put this together in Excel.

3) baby price is right -- saw several variations, for ours a bunch of baby items were bought and put in a basket everyone could see.   Everyone makes a guess of how much the total bill is for the items, after everyone guesses then you look at guesses and choose winner based on closest without going over (and guest of honor gets the basket full of baby items).  This is a nice one to play as people come in, everyone can play at different time, just write their guess and put into basket.   Our 6-year old niece ALMOST won this one!    

Splitting the duties is the best way to do a shower, I just did games, others did decorations and food.  I know that mommy-to-be enjoyed it, and it was first time i saw her since she has had her bump, she truly is glowing!   Cannot believe the little guy will be here within a month!

They are totally set with baby stuff now --- stroller system, boppy, tons of cute clothes.


No comments:

Post a Comment