Yesterday I accompanied my sister to the Bridal Extravaganza, and we walked all over the convention center! I had never been to a show of this scale (thought it'd be too overwhelming when I was the bride to be). It was quite an experience. I am so glad she has already made some of her major decisions (venue) so we could focus on a few things she wanted to look for (photographer, linens, invitations) and see some of the things we'd never thought of that could be helpful (dance lessons). Even though she isn't looking for a baker we did partake in of some of the cake samples and love to look at the beautiful cakes - my favorite: this mustache one (had to photograph it for my friend Delena), complete with a mariachi musician on the top.
We had a great time wandering and talking about all things wedding, and sat to regroup and review -- there are so many vendors they were already starting to run together. Its fun to see her talk about weddings and all the different options she has before her. I am glad that I'm a helper this time and not having to make the decisions. I know she and Chris will make a beautiful wedding that reflects them as a couple, and they are starting early since their date isn't til 2015.
A great take away from this event was the idea of having an album made of the engagement pictures and using that as a guest book -- almost like a yearbook, guests will get to see more of the photos than they would otherwise and in putting it in something you'd want to look at anyway you'll see your guests and their wishes for you for years to come. (kind of wish we'd done that!)
The show can be overwhelming but just having fun and seeing all the offerings is what its all about. The ideas you never thought of and get from it make it worth it (the takeaway from the one we went to before my wedding was chocolate fountain as groom cake!) Here is a photo of the future bride wearing her sticker showing she is a bride.I got to see a lot of my sis this weekend (always fun!), we also went to a class to decorate coasters on Friday night and our dear friend Delena who came south from Chicago to escape the cold also joined us. It was a fun night of chit-chatting and each making our own designs on the glass coasters, cannot wait to see the finished product. I put a picture on instagram, not sure how to post that here....hmmmmm
No comments:
Post a Comment