Monday, August 26, 2013

back to school and Hatch

Its back to school week in Houston.  Students and teachers of all ages head back to the classrooms today and all week.  Kevin is ready for his classes.  He has one more day til they start since he'll be teaching Tuesday/Thursday.

Good luck to all the students and teachers (and parents)!  I know I'll see lots of 'first day' pictures on my social media feeds.  Especially for those whose kids its the VERY first day, it'll be an emotional day.

I hope that fall weather isn't far behind.  We made homemade chili yesterday to go along with the football game and it really got me ready for fall.  Its my favorite season and one that is too short here -- ready for sweaters, drinks to warm me up.......if we could just get rid of summer.

We've been trying a new ingredient - Hatch chilies - and love them!   So far we've used them in burgers, yesterday's chili, and plan to use them in a soup later in the week.  I see now why people rave about them, and hope their season lasts long enough for us to make a few more dishes with them.   Maybe next year we'll roast and freeze them...

No comments:

Post a Comment