Wednesday, July 3, 2013

another (almost) Wordless Wednesday


I nicknamed Smokey our "hot dog" this weekend.  It was over 100 degrees and he still wanted to be let out the back gate so he could go off-leash and explore.

I had to tell him no, it was too hot and we'd already been for a short walk.  Its tough to say no to that face....

I think this was the happiest he was all weekend.   Kevin had a quick one-night trip to Austin with friends so it was just me and Smokey at home, and Smokey sulked the whole time....a little taste of what he does when we're both on vacation.  K got back mid-day Sunday and all was right with the world again.  I haven't had the heard to tell him we'll both be gone on vacation soon.....

Sunday was also our anniversary -- six years!   We had a very low-key anniversary.   I looked up the traditional gift - candy/iron.   I'm not sure how those two items go together.   We substituted frozen custard for candy and had it for dessert after I'd made spaghetti and salad for dinner.   I'm thinking we may've had spaghetti last year too....obviously we like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment