Wow, I haven't blogged in quite a while, I think about it but then quickly forget....will try to get back to it and must remember to write down ideas when i think of them..
You may or may not remember that I'd said that we thought Smokey was working on a project in the yard. I think I've figured out the project! He would bring in firework remnants (from new years) one piece at a time. I don't know where he finds them - i don't see any in the yard - but for a while he'd come in with something in his mouth each time we let him out and then set it around the house. He hasn't in a while so he must've cleaned the yard of the debris. And we thought he didn't help.....
At least these things he brought in were never alive.....S finds some gross things....
More updates on Smokey...
We are constantly making up nicknames for him, terms of endearment I guess? One of my favorites is 'lumpy bump' since he's a lazy lump most mornings....turns out its also now a true name for him since we found a large bump on his side on Saturday. I try not to take risks with my health or his, so we quickly made an appointment for the vet for Monday (MLK holiday). Kevin and I both went, but thankfully the vet doesn't think its anything too bad and its not effecting his mood/appetite/walking, so we'll just keep an eye on it and have it removed when we get his dental work done next month, they'll already have him sedated for that. Any chance I can get sedated for my dental appointment? haha, can I? Turns out K's previous dogs had similar maladies, i think he said they are fatty cysts...the vet said he's seen as many as 30 to 40 on a dog...poor dog! and S will likely get more. We'll keep an eye on him, he is after all middle age in dog years...
No comments:
Post a Comment