Thursday, August 2, 2012

Chaos

Hello August!

Chaos is my word for this week.   I like to feel organized, even amongst my clutter, and hate not knowing where to find things.   For this week I've just had to accept that I'll be out of my element.

Chaos cause #1 - I broke down and replaced my phone.   I'd cracked it a couple of weeks ago and debated just using it like it was  - it did still work!    It needed to be replaced, so I went ahead and got a new one and am still learning how to use it, and probably will for several weeks...   I had my phone just how I liked it and knew how to use it to do what I needed - I know there were things I never used it for.  I even tried to replace it with the same phone, but they don't make it anymore :(   (I was resisting change)    Small miracle - my contacts did all move over, thank you Google!   If I accidentally call you or am not on social media for a while its because I can't figure out my phone (and i'm trying to avoid Olympics spoilers).

The second, bigger cause of chaos is something I'm excited about - new furniture at work!!   Its been ordered for several weeks now, and I found out on Monday that it was in and I just needed to set up a time to get it delivered.  Its getting delivered tomorrow.   To get the new furniture I had to clear out the old.  This was a big task since some of the furniture was full of stuff when I got here...I always thought I'd go through it, and some of it I did, but flash forward 4 1/2 years and some of it I'd just never looked at.   I felt like a modern day archaeologist, unearthing floppy discs, including the big ones that really are floppy..Does anyone have anything that will read those anymore???    My staff members were really helpful in letting me take over some of the bookcases and file cabinets temporarily so I didn't have to box everything up, and doing most of the moving of files.   I packed up the rest of my stuff yesterday (and the last of it today as the guys got there to take my furniture away).   I did it as late as possible since I needed some of my stuff to get my work done and was already hunting through bookcases for things I'd moved over and needed to do my work.   The furniture and my computer got taken away today (the computer will come back once the new furniture is set up), and I'm all set to get the new furniture in the morning.  I cannot believe how big my office without the furniture in it.   I spend a lot of hours in that office, so I'm really excited to some furniture that will work better for the space.

Here's hoping for less chaos the rest of the month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment