Friday, July 24, 2009

More evidence of how special our dog really is

This morning I let Smokey out, and noticed he was striping (fur on his back standing on end) and growling, I looked around and all I could see that it could possibly be was (scary music): two large mushrooms in our yard. My reaction to the mushrooms was - hoorah! our yard is wet enough to have mushrooms - it has been a hot and dry summer so far He was eyeing them and wouldn't leave the patio. After a while of this I had the thought that maybe there was something scarier in the yard, he can't really be leery of mushrooms. I go outside looking for something, anything (I have read reports of more snakes in yards trying to find water), but nope, its the mushrooms. They weren't there last night so they are new and not to be trusted. While I was out there, he finally got really brave and sniffed one of them (then finally did his business), but he was still not very happy about them being there.

I left him outside to finish getting ready for work, come back and he's laying down (at a safe distance) looking right at them......oh, so special..anything new or different, he is not a fan of....

1 comment: