yay the Olympics! I'm excited to watch the summer games (we actually plan to watch the opening ceremonies tonight - any bets on how long before we get bored?), and also glad the commericals for 08.08.08 will end. I wonder how many people got married today, 7/7/07 was a HUGE day for weddings, of course it was also a Saturday.
soapbox time...
I hate the news sometimes. Here is one of many reasons. So that I can be informed about big events and get weather updates, I subscribed to a local news channel's "breaking news" email alerts. Overall, I'm fairly happy with it, I find out about whats going on during the day, since I won't look at much news while I'm at work. Honestly, when I have time to websurf, news isn't the first thing I go to - other people's blogs, my netflix queue, or whatever web search I feel like doing at the time are where I tend to surf to. But I often question what they consider Breaking News. I've gotten emails about happenings with Britney, who I could not care LESS about, and then today - its all about Joel Osteen and his wife in the trial for the lawsuit filed against her by a flight attendant. Aside from these emails (and my morning radio station), I wouldn't even know that it was happening (and I still don't care)! I kid you not, I got separate emails when each of them took the stand! UGH, I don't care and I definitely don't want to go to the website to see updates or transcripts.
I get emails about going to their website for news conferences. I get emails because I am NOT in front of a tv, so NO I won't go watch your news conference that is probably just your tv news streamed online.
I know I have to take the good with the bad - and I suppose these are breaking news to someone. If I don't care about the topic from the subject I should just hit delete (most of the time I do). I just wonder who is sitting on pins and needles to find out the outcome of the Osteen lawsuit. Of course, I still find it strange that I went to see a concert (Depeche Mode) in what is now a huge church.
Rant over :)
I am guessing a lot of people married on 08.08.08, even though it was a Friday. There was a couple in our marriage prep class that got engaged 07.07.07 and were marrying 08.08.08...and my friend Kasey also worked a wedding that day...so at least two couples did tie the knot. I wonder if the fact that 09.09.09 is a Wednesday will effect its wedding popularity. LOL. There are no more Saturdays with repeating dates...only a Sunday left for weekends. I am a dork...I am flipping through my Outlook calendar.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!!
Hugs,
Emily
News Bastards.
ReplyDeleteThey screw with the gas prices too. Oil prices are going to go higher! Permission to charge more for gas! PHEW gas prices went down, aren't we all excited to pay $3.64/gallon now? NO! We want to pay $1.50/gallon...we are still not relieved, but the news bastards think we should be.
Also..how many times in a one hour span can you report that a bus crashed in north Texas, and no...we still don't know why for sure. (My guess is 120.)
I enjoy Kristine's hate for the news bastards. Always makes me smile.
ReplyDelete